Sunday, October 18, 2009

Note from Shay on Hank


Hi Julie, Hank is terrific. He is growing like a weed, 26 lbs now! the
pictures I sent are all from today. We were over at my friends house, who
has the sheep hank will be herding in the spring/summer. I go over there
often and Hank is really learning a lot from her dogs on doggy social
skills. He is very calm and confident....such a lovely dog! I wish you
lived closer so that you could see him and feel his energy. He is in love
with the agility tunnel, quite happy to "go on" ..he tucks his ears back
like a lop eared rabbit and sprints his fastest to the end of the
tunnel....can't even tell you how cute he is!!! We got the DVD of Susan
Garrett's called Crate Games...have you heard of it?....Well, it really
allows dogs to think and learn from their choices and of coarse Hank is
quickly becoming a pro at the games he has learned so far. It is a really
cool DVD with lots of transference to other life skills. Hank also is now
swimming like a champ....VERY fast....although he gets cold pretty quickly
and after 2 or 3 swims he is ready to be wrapped up in a towel to be warmed
by the mama...which of course is my pleasure. He is very cuddly and loves
to curl up in my lap. He will be starting in Auntie Laurie's foundation
agility class Nov. 1. I think he will like that very much. Until later, I
hope all is well with you and yours, Take Care, Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment